Mangifera indica x Carrie
Carrie is a fiberless Florida cultivar that is exceptionally rich, sweet and flavorful which makes it an excellent quality eating mango. Its orange flesh is soft when ripe and highly aromatic. The fruit and tree is highly resistant to fungus and disease. The compact growth of this cultivar makes it an excellent choice for containers or planted in patio areas. Lack of color and firmness prevent this this from being a commercially viable otherwise this is a fine mango worthy of a space in your garden.
Carrie Mango Details:
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate to fast
- Tree Size: 10-15 feet tall and wide
- Fruit Size: 4 to 5 inches long and wide
- Fruit Weight: Up to 12 ounces
- Bearing Age: 3 years
- Self-fruiting: Yes
- Fruiting Season: June-July
- Light Needs: Full sun
- USDA Zone: 9-11
- Hardiness: Hardy to 30F.