Mangifera indica x Lancetilla
Lancetilla mango is a cultivar introduced from Honduras. This mango is highly regarded for its exceptionally large fiberless fruits and tree size which can be maintained at 10 feet. Lancetilla mangoes are long, flattened and oval- shaped with blood red colored skin and lemon-yellow firm, intensely sweet and completely fiberless flesh. This mango is highly disease resistant.
Lancetilla Mango Details:
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Tree Size: 10-15 feet tall and wide
- Fruit Weight: 2 to 5 pounds
- Bearing Age: 3 years
- Self-fruiting: Yes
- Fruiting Season: August-September
- Light Needs: Full to Part Sun
- USDA Zone: 9-11
- Hardiness: Hardy to 30F.