Tommy Atkins Mango
Mangifera indica x Tommy Atkins
Tommy Atkins mango originated in Florida and is the most widely grown commercial variety coming into the United States. It’s color, disease resistance, and storage qualities appeal to commercial growers and consumers worldwide. Fruits are medium to large in size having an oval or oblong shape. Skin is a dark red blush that covers much of the fruit with green and yellow accents. The fruit ripens June to July.
Tommy Atkins Details:
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Tree Size: 10-12 feet tall and wide
- Fruit Size: 1 inch in diameter
- Fruit Weight: 3 to 5 grams
- Bearing Age: 3 years
- Self-fruting: Yes
- Fruiting Season: June-August
- Light Needs: Full to Part Sun
- USDA Zone: 9-11
- Hardiness: Hardy to 30F.